Swedes chosen for all-star games
Five to play in West Nebraska games.
Four Gothenburg football players and one volleyball player will represent the Swedes during the annual West Nebraska All-Star games in Scottsbluff on Saturday.
Landen Haake, Mark Hilderbrand, Brady Preitauer and Tyler Sheets will be members of the East squad during the football game at 7 p.m. in Bearcat Stadium.
East head coach is Lexington’s Phil Truax.
Emily Max will play on the East squad during the volleyball game which begins at 2 p.m. at Cougar Palace on the campus of Western Nebraska Community College.
East coaches include head coach Alan Miller of SMC.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action