Swedes chosen for all-star games
Five to play in West Nebraska games.
Four Gothenburg football players and one volleyball player will represent the Swedes during the annual West Nebraska All-Star games in Scottsbluff on Saturday.
Landen Haake, Mark Hilderbrand, Brady Preitauer and Tyler Sheets will be members of the East squad during the football game at 7 p.m. in Bearcat Stadium.
East head coach is Lexington’s Phil Truax.
Emily Max will play on the East squad during the volleyball game which begins at 2 p.m. at Cougar Palace on the campus of Western Nebraska Community College.
East coaches include head coach Alan Miller of SMC.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.