GHS student to speak at Memorial Day service
Coltin Bebensee, who will be a Gothenburg High School senior, is the featured speaker at Memorial Day services Monday, May 31, at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event.
Bebensee is also a member of the Nebraska National Guard.
Greetings will be offered by American Legion vice commander Mike Sayer with the invocation given by chaplain Bill Hayward.
Sayer will lead the audience in the pledge of allegiance. GHS student KaSondra Kuhlman will sing the national anthem.
Fellow student Jonah Taylor will sing “Patriot Song.”
Members of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars and auxiliaries will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
The Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of bad weather, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride