Alumni to gather this weekend
Banquet, tours available.
If you haven’t bought a ticket for the annual Gothenburg High School alumni banquet Saturday night, there’s still time.
Call alumni banquet committee members Marian or Mike Larson at 537-2842 or Donna McConnell at 537-7840.
During the banquet, which begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Gothenburg High School gymnasium, Matt Williams of the Class of 1967 will speak.
Graduating classes from 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990 and 2000 will be honored as well as the oldest class represented— 1935—and the oldest alumni.
Some individual classes have get togethers scheduled Friday and Saturday.
Festivities at the school begin Saturday morning.
All alumni are invited to tour the city at 10:30 a.m. Tours of the school will begin at 1 p.m. with a tea and social time scheduled from 1-3 p.m. in the school cafeteria.
Alumni are asked to meet in the gymnasium for tours and also to view city and school memorabilia.
Members of the Gothenburg School Foundation will lead the tours and host the tea.
In addition to Larsons and McConnell, Erica Linnemeyer and Michelle Ryan are on the alumni weekend planning committee.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC