AWARD GIVEN: George Cox was recognized last Friday when he was given a Friend of Tourism award from the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce tourism committee. According to Community Development Office director Anne Anderson, Cox has been a valued Pony Express Station employee who has shared his knowledge of local and area history with many visitors. He has also shared his expertise with trees and plants which has helped instill pride in the community and encouraged their effort to make the community a beautiful place to share with tourists, she said. Pictured are, l-r: Anderson, Cox, Leone Cox and Pony Express Station employee Chuck Titkemeier.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.