18 BHS students graduate Saturday
Commencement set for 4 p.m.
Eighteen students will receive their high school diplomas during commencement exercises at Brady Public Schools Saturday at 4 p.m. in the old gymnasium.
The program will begin with a welcome address and will include speeches by Ethann Barnes as valedictorian and salutatorian Shelby Diehl.
A variety of scholarships will also be awarded to class members before diplomas are presented by principal Gerald P. Wallace and school board president Lisa Diehl.
Entertainment includes junior Taina Taullie singing “The Climb” as well as a video presentation of the class.
Members of the 2010 graduating class are Beccah Barnes, Ethann Barnes, Corbin Blede, Austin Brittenham, Ricky Dewey, Shelby Diehl, Shawn Finnell, Danielle Gutherless, Jamie Kleinow, Alvin Lunkwitz, Nathan Montoya, Melissa Neiman, Megan Pfeifer, Devan Polt, Shaunna Scarrow, Chevas Shaw, Daniel Splane and Shelby Widick.
Class officers are Chevas Shaw, president; Ethann Barnes, vice president; Danielle Gutherless, secretary; Beccah Barnes, treasurer.
The class colors are pink, black and chrome. The class chose a pink rose as the flower.
The 2010 class motto is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
They have selected the class song, “Higher” by Creed.
Jessica Schrad and Ethan Callahan will serve as junior class attendants. Ushers are Kristen Boden, Taina Taullie, Kyle Pohlman and Jeffrey Simants.
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president
- Lake water diversion aids both flood relief and long-term water goals
- Swedes’ book about Gothenburg to be released in August
- Same song, 11th verse for Blue Heron Campground
- Six Swede boys make it to state
- PinPoint fiber problem solved
- Graduation shirt is now 75 years old