Math Olympians recognized
Dudley Elementary fifth and sixth grade students were among 150,000 students worldwide who participated in the Math Olympiad program this past year.
The high-point student for sixth grade at Dudley Elementary was Quinn Haynes.
Fifth-grade student Collin Hahn was awarded the high-point trophy for fifth grade.
During the Olympiads, students were involved in a series of five monthly contests of solving five problems each from November to March.
They practiced weekly under the supervision and coaching of high ability learning teacher Alice Peters.
Math Olympiads challenges students to solve unusual and difficult problems and to think creatively.
All students will receive a certificate in May.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.