Math Olympians recognized
Dudley Elementary fifth and sixth grade students were among 150,000 students worldwide who participated in the Math Olympiad program this past year.
The high-point student for sixth grade at Dudley Elementary was Quinn Haynes.
Fifth-grade student Collin Hahn was awarded the high-point trophy for fifth grade.
During the Olympiads, students were involved in a series of five monthly contests of solving five problems each from November to March.
They practiced weekly under the supervision and coaching of high ability learning teacher Alice Peters.
Math Olympiads challenges students to solve unusual and difficult problems and to think creatively.
All students will receive a certificate in May.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics