Local kids win dance awards
Several students from the Gothenburg Dance Centre who competed in the Showbiz Dance Competition in Denver on April 8-11 brought home awards.
Cloggers who performed a duet “5, 6 ,7, 8”—Emma Jorgenson and Courtney Melvin—won first place.
Jorgenson, along with fellow cloggers Emma Ackerman and Elise Ackerman and Courtney Maline, received first in another clogging dance—“2 Step ’n.”
Taking first-place in a hip-hop dance “Fire Burn’ in” were Allison Nichols, Tessa Oliver, Ainsley Rickertsen and Maline.
Winning second place in a hip-hop dance “Jump” were Keely Lecher, Grace Aden, Jorgenson, Emma Ackerman and Elise Ackerman.
Tina Turner-Melvin, who owns the dance studio, said participants performed on the stage of the Buell Theatre in Denver.
“Every dancer came off stage saying, ‘I want to do that again,’ ” Melvin said.
- Hospital welcomes CFO
- Gothenburg drivers compete at Lincoln County Raceway
- No more bus parking on Avenue I because of safety
- Gothenburg welcomes new employee
- Swedes medal at state science meet
- BHS musicians earn highest rating at District IV contest
- Taxpayers get break for filing before deadline
- Swede girls win Brady/Gothenburg Invite