Swede golfers continue to improve at Ogallala
Gothenburg drops dual 209-221.
OGALLALA—Pleasant weather greeted the Swedes at West Wind Golf Course in Ogallala on Thursday and contributed to the team’s continued improvement.
Gothenburg’s top five players scored 221 in the nine-hole dual against the Indians.
Ogallala won the matchup with 209 and the meet medalist Tanner Collins shooting 38.
Sophomore Jackson Graham was the low scorer for the Swedes with a four-over-par 40 on the front nine.
Derek Franzen shot 42 and Jeramie VanAcker hit 43 continuing their steady play, according to coach Jim Henke.
Jack Dudley (47) and Coltin Bebensee (49) completed the Swede scoring as the team total was determined using the lowest five scores from each team.
For complete individual results see our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays