AG QUIZ BOWL: A Gothenburg eighth-grade FFA agricultural quiz bowl team won the state contest Friday at Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln. About 384 eighth-grade students, representing 96 teams, competed in the event.
State champs were, l-r: First row—Jessica Schmidt, Betsy Potter, Carson Messersmith, Tyson Miller. Winning fifth place were, l-r: Second row—Chance Schultz, Abbie Mazour, Blake Ristine, Rebecca Anderson. The seventh-place team included, l-r: Third row—Aryn Meisinger, Kelsey Kuhlman and Corey Hinton. Quiz bowl coach was Teresa Messersmith (upper right).
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action