AG QUIZ BOWL: A Gothenburg eighth-grade FFA agricultural quiz bowl team won the state contest Friday at Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln. About 384 eighth-grade students, representing 96 teams, competed in the event.
State champs were, l-r: First row—Jessica Schmidt, Betsy Potter, Carson Messersmith, Tyson Miller. Winning fifth place were, l-r: Second row—Chance Schultz, Abbie Mazour, Blake Ristine, Rebecca Anderson. The seventh-place team included, l-r: Third row—Aryn Meisinger, Kelsey Kuhlman and Corey Hinton. Quiz bowl coach was Teresa Messersmith (upper right).
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30