Shooters tie for top spot
Ostergard, Ballmer best in handicap.
DONIPHAN— Gothenburg Youth Trap Team members were among nearly 300 shooters competing at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Two senior shooters from Gothenburg faced each other in a shoot-off for the high handicap honor from the 22-yard line.
Alex Ballmer and Cody Ostergard each broke 45-of-50 rocks to tie in the initial handicap shoot with Ballmer winning the shoot-off.
Ballmer, Ostergard and Cooper Brott each earned 45-of-50 scores in the handicap shoot.
Austin Kucera led Gothenburg from the 16-yard line hitting 48-of-50. High junior competitor from the Gothenburg team was Colby Simant with a score of 39-of-50.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%