Shooters tie for top spot
Ostergard, Ballmer best in handicap.
DONIPHAN— Gothenburg Youth Trap Team members were among nearly 300 shooters competing at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Two senior shooters from Gothenburg faced each other in a shoot-off for the high handicap honor from the 22-yard line.
Alex Ballmer and Cody Ostergard each broke 45-of-50 rocks to tie in the initial handicap shoot with Ballmer winning the shoot-off.
Ballmer, Ostergard and Cooper Brott each earned 45-of-50 scores in the handicap shoot.
Austin Kucera led Gothenburg from the 16-yard line hitting 48-of-50. High junior competitor from the Gothenburg team was Colby Simant with a score of 39-of-50.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.