Shooters tie for top spot
Ostergard, Ballmer best in handicap.
DONIPHAN— Gothenburg Youth Trap Team members were among nearly 300 shooters competing at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Two senior shooters from Gothenburg faced each other in a shoot-off for the high handicap honor from the 22-yard line.
Alex Ballmer and Cody Ostergard each broke 45-of-50 rocks to tie in the initial handicap shoot with Ballmer winning the shoot-off.
Ballmer, Ostergard and Cooper Brott each earned 45-of-50 scores in the handicap shoot.
Austin Kucera led Gothenburg from the 16-yard line hitting 48-of-50. High junior competitor from the Gothenburg team was Colby Simant with a score of 39-of-50.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics