Minutemen top Swedes in golf dual
Lexington took advantage of its home course to defeat Gothenburg in a dual Thursday at Lakeside Country Club.
The Minutemen carded a 180-190 victory.
Caleb Jergensen took meet medalist honors for Lexington. Gothenburg low scorer was Derek Franzen with a 44.
The meet was scored using a best four of six format.
Gothenburg’s reserves edge the Minutemen JV’s 214-215. Cale Moore topped the Swedes with a 49.
“Although we showed some improvement over last week, we still have a long way to go,” Swede coach Jim Henke said. “Dual meets with Broken Bow and North Platte St. Patrick this week will provide us with valuable experience heading into the meat of our schedule.”
The Swedes travel to North Platte for a dual with St. Patrick on Thursday and will return to Johnson Lake for the Lexington Invitational on Tuesday.
For complete individual results see our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together