Fire department recognizes members’ service in 2009
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department hosted its annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2009 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 217 ambulance and transfer calls and 69 total fire calls.
Service awards were presented and seven members received certificates for a combined total of 230 years of dedicated service to the department.
Officers for 2010 were also recognized.
Chad Stull was the only new member to join the department in 2009.
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department consists of 44 members which include 22 current EMTs.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested