Fire department recognizes members’ service in 2009
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department hosted its annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2009 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 217 ambulance and transfer calls and 69 total fire calls.
Service awards were presented and seven members received certificates for a combined total of 230 years of dedicated service to the department.
Officers for 2010 were also recognized.
Chad Stull was the only new member to join the department in 2009.
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department consists of 44 members which include 22 current EMTs.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.